CSX is an authorised distributor for 3M Medical Sterilisers in Sub-Saharan Africa region. CSX has been trained by 3M to install and maintain this range of equipment.
Proven Methods and Cool Results for Low Temperature Sterilisation
For items that cannot be sterilised in steam sterilisers—such as flexible endoscopes—sterile processing departments need to find the right balance of ethylene oxide and vaporised hydrogen peroxide sterilisation to help manage costs, comply with manufacturers’ IFUs, and effectively sterilise critical instruments.
Introducing the 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Steriliser/Aerators GS Series, state-of the-art EO sterilisers that:
- Use 100% ethylene oxide (EO or EtO), a sterilant recognised by CDC as superior at penetrating packaging materials and device lumens (always refer to manufacturers’ IFUs).
- Are engineered for operator safety. The Steri-Vac EO sterilisers use 3M™ Steri-Gas™ EO Cartridges–punctured inside the steriliser chamber only after the door has been locked and a vacuum is drawn. Learn about the safety features that are available on the Steri-Vac EO sterilisers.
Monitor Ethylene Oxide sterilisation cycles with biological indicators and chemical indicators as part of your sterilisation assurance program.
A Low-Cost Solution for High-Value Instruments
When planning for your department’s low temperature sterilisation needs, look to the 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Steriliser/Aerator 100% Ethylene Oxide System for an overall lower cost per cycle than leading vaporised hydrogen peroxide (H202) systems. Ethylene oxide is gentle on your high-value devices, which may help to extend device life and reduce the need for costly repairs or replacement.
3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer / Aerator GS8-1D
3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer / Aerator GS8-2D
3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer / Aerator GS5-1D
3M™ Steri-Vac™ Sterilizer / Aerator GS5-2D
- Cleared for use with single- or dual-channel rigid and flexible scopes, with no restrictions on the length or inner diameter of endoscope channels
- The single-use, 3M™ Steri-Gas™ Cartridge (100% EO) is punctured only when the chamber door is sealed and the proper vacuum has been drawn, ensuring that gas remains safely inside the chamber.
- Ethylene oxide is a proven, efficacious sterilant offering maximum assurance that instruments are sterilised
- Three-zone temperature control and a state-of-the-art, proprietary, dynamic humidification process that adapts and controls chamber relative humidity (RH)
- Ethylene oxide is gentle on device materials, helping to extend device life and reduce the need for costly repairs or replacement.
3M™ Steri-Gas™ EO Gas Cartridges
3M™ Steri-Gas™ EO Gas Cartridges are single-use cartridges containing 100% ethylene oxide intended for use in 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Steriliser/Aerators (ethylene oxide sterilisers). When used in the appropriate 3M™ Steri-Vac™ Steriliser/Aerator, the cartridges deliver the predetermined amount of ethylene oxide for each sterilisation cycle. Before a sterilisation cycle is started, an operator secures a cartridge in the cartridge bay located inside the steriliser chamber. The product load is placed in the steriliser chamber; the steriliser door is closed and automatically locks when the sterilisation cycle is started. Inside the locked sterilisation chamber, when conditioning parameters are obtained, the cartridge is punctured under a vacuum and the entire amount of ethylene oxide contained in the cartridge is delivered to the sterilisation chamber. The used cartridge is aerated along with sterilised items during the aeration phase of the cycle. After sterilisation and aeration are complete, the used cartridges can be recycled or disposed of with non-incinerated waste per facility policy.